TRAINING AND CAPACITY BUILDING
A long-standing partner of institutions and donors committed to the energy sector for more than 25 years, IED has built a unique experience and know-how in sectors related to rural electrification and the development of renewable energies.
IED thus offers training and capacity building sessions, integrated into projects or organized independently, targeting the different sectoral actors: Ministries in charge of energy, Rural Electrification Agencies, National Electricity Companies, Engineering offices, Engineering schools, Independent consultants, Operators of electrical systems.
Designed on the basis of the concrete experience of stakeholders, the cursus proposed by IED are comprehensive and progressive, providing participants with complete autonomy on the targeted themes.
Training can be provided either at the headquarters of Lyon / Francheville, or in our subsidiaries (Cameroon, Burkina Faso, Cambodia) or directly in your premises.
Geographic Information System (GIS) and village level mapping
Geospatial rural electrification planning
Rural Electricity load forecasting
Distribution network electrical studies
Distribution network mechanical studies
Sizing Hybrid PV/Diesel power plants
Mini-hydro power plant pre-feasibility studies (MHPP)
Economic and financial analysis of decentralized rural electrification projects
Pre-feasibility studies of energy production projects based on biomass resources
A SCALABLE OFFERING
Our courses are regularly updated based on participants’ feedback and observations
CUSTOMIZED TEACHING METHODS
Our training programme is adapted to the trainees’ level.
A NETWORK OF EXPERIENCED INSTRUCTORS
Our instructors are experts in their respective areas and have excellent technical and teaching skills. They have extensive expertise in the practices and realities of the participants’ native countries.
Participants receive a course certificate as evidence of their actual participation in a training session.
These training sessions can take place either at IED’s head office in France, or using our subsidiaries’ logistics in Africa and Asia, or directly on site. Please contact us for more information regarding our training program or to schedule personalized sessions.
WE WORK WITH A DIVERSIFIED CUSTOMER BASE; WE OFFER TRAINING THAT CLOSELY MEETS OUR CLIENTS' NEEDS...
# 181, St 352 BBK I
Avenue Loudun, Quartier Tiedpalgo
Secteur 5—BP 2743 Ouaga 01
Flexible and customized training sessions that meet your needs
We highly value experience sharing and practical exercises (simulation exercises and case studies).
- A partner approach based on the will to build long-term productive collaboration .
- A customer-oriented approach that translates into an effort to address true challenges and real issues.
- An ethical attitude placing each participant as player at the heart of the session.
- A sustainable dimension revealing clear objectives and a result-oriented culture in the acquisition of knowledge.
Our teams of instructors are composed of consultants/engineers from the professional world, who focus on the operational transfer of skills acquired in the classroom as well as in the field.
We are driven by a culture of customization and focus our attention on your issues as a priority.
Our courses are supported by internally developed software (Geosim©, Giselec©, Demand Analyst©) and reference tools recognized in the area of energy (Homer, Retscreen) and intensively used as part of IED's engineering/consulting activities.
Any training course can be customized to meet the participants' express needs.
The training material we use is provided to participants in electronic format at the end of the training session (excluding licensed software).
A unique experience with organizations and institutions active in the energy sector, with field practice, and in particular, a close look at the world of electrification in numerous situations and countries.
Customizable training modules matching specific needs
This is the most economically sound approach if you wish to enter a team into a common skill development program; group training also has many extra advantages :
- It makes it possible to integrate the specificities of the participants' professional environment
- A training programme customizable to the needs of your structure
- Fosters the implementation of shared methods and reinforces a collaborative attitude
- Allows for great flexibility in the choices of duration, dates, and training locations
- Allows for exchanges between institutions and countries
Highlight and development of knowledge and know-how, assistance in project steering, application of acquired skills: such are the values that drive us throughout our training courses.
- Please contact IED and describe your request
- We will send you a proposal
- We will send you a registration confirmation upon payment of the appropriate amount
- We can help with the choice of accommodations
- You should finalize your visa procedures and inform us of your flight schedule