Sharing and dissemination
Along with the generalization of Geographic Information Systems and use of GPS, geo-referenced data sources are multiplying. However, access to data remains difficult and often reserved to IT specialists. It is therefore essential to provide universal access to information through a simple, user -friendly internet based interface.
GIMSYS© is a user friendly computer application, built using the Geographic Information System technology (GIS) offering an Internet/ Intranet interface to share information
Visualise and share information
GIMSYS© is a user-friendly software application that is accessible to all. Built on Geographic Information Systems (GIS) technology coupled with an Internet/Intranet interface, GIMSYS©:
- Offers the possibility of remote, real-time access to the strategic and multisectoral information necessary for sectoral decision-making
- Translates pooled and shared data, thus allowing local players sharing information that is specific to their sector to benefit, in return, from a geo-referenced and consolidated database
- Provides decision-making support for planners and project managers, who benefit from a cartographic and sectoral information platform.
- National institutions and Ministries
- Development partners
- NGOs, associations...
Upload GIMSYS© description
- Logiciel SIG Manifold© compatible MAPINFO, ESRI, AUTOCAD…
- Configuration client :
- IExplorer, Firefox...
Outil mise en oeuvre dans de nombreux pays:
- Cameroun (www.mng-cameroon.org)
- Tanzanie (www.irep.rea.go.tz)
- Bénin (www.benin-energie.org)